PLEASE MAKE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE ORIGINAL BLOGGERS POSTS. They were kind enough to let me share this wonderful article with you.
- Disappointed…? That’s a BIG no! (explorationart.wordpress.com)
- Seurat: Works for comparison (visaarthistoryimpressionism.wordpress.com)
- Paint a Dotted Seurat Masterpiece (education.com)
- London hotel puts Monet on display (travelnews.britishairways.com)
- 12 Famous Paintings and their Real-Life Locations (tripbase.com)
- Claude Monet (thewiccangecko.wordpress.com)
- Pissarro, painter of the people, at the Legion (sfgate.com)
- Claude Monet (Art Project) Mono-Print Collage (explorationart.wordpress.com)
- Mobile Monet HD: Transforms Your Photos in Works of Art (apptousemyiphone.com)
There we were, meandering around the Metropolitan Museum of Art. As well as seeing work by several other of my favourite artists’, I’d had the chance to view a couple of my favourite Monet‘s pieces – ‘Bridge Over a Pond of Water Lillies‘ and ‘Water Lillies‘, as well as a Van Gogh I really liked, so was feeling pretty darned great!
Then I wandered through to one of the other galleries and stumbled on this.
My husband Mike is rather fond of Georges Seurat’s work. We’d seen some of his other pieces at MoMA on a previous visits, but he always said he’d love to have seen what’s probably one of Seurat’s most famous ones – ‘Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte’.
There was a rather excited ‘Mike! Mike! Look what’s here!!!’ – his face actually lit up when he saw the…
View original post 328 more words