Here, I have posted the original and several images of the original edited using Adobe Photoshop Filters to make them look like works of art. I used this particular photograph because of the rich colors and the brilliant light source. Starting after the original photograph, each new image becomes just a bit more abstract until the last three. If the viewer did not know these as manipulated photographs of a castle on the banks of a river or lake with the sun shining in the background, they may not see anything except blobs of color. This is where the imagination can really go wild.
I have also included in this post a link for a tutorial that shows how to use Adobe Photoshop Filters.
Using Filters in Photoshop: http://www.myjanee.com/tuts/filter/filter.htm
I borrowed the original image from:
Amazing Photos of Castles, Palaces, and Chateaux: http://www.roxanneardary.com/blog/castles-palaces-chateau/This amazing photograph is of Moritzburg Castle, located in Dresden, Germany.
Next, I would like to take these same images and see what I could accomplish using oil paints, watercolors and acrylic on raw canvas. Maybe even see what could come about if I used colored washi paper to get different effects. The possibilities are only as limited as the imagination.
- More Fairy Tale Castles (explorationart.wordpress.com)
- Free Video Tutorial – Demonstration of Content Aware Scale in Adobe Photoshop (photofocus.com)
- Altered Photographs: Artistic Expression (explorationart.wordpress.com)
- Adobe Photoshop Tips (leccoworkshop.com)
- Flower Fun (explorationart.wordpress.com)
- 3 Best and Free Photo Editing Tools for Android (5inetune.com)
- Photoshop Tutorials (vogueandvittles.wordpress.com)
- Tweet to Win Adobe Photoshop CS5! (bradsdeals.com)
- Brushing Off Some Old Tools (houndstoothdiary.wordpress.com)
- ♥ Playing with Photos (justaddattitude.com)