It is general knowledge, that before the age of 5 years old, children’s brains are like sponges, soaking up knowledge at an increased rate from that of older individuals. In that case, these are the prime years to teach such subjects as foreign languages and the values with which a person will conduct their lives. This would also seem the best the time to spark creativity. Although there are many ways to accomplish this, teaching the Elements of Art seems a very important link that should not be ignored.
I was surfing the net, looking for articles that would back up my own views as to why we need to teach the Elements of Art to the very young, when I found this article from Newsweek: ” The Creativity Crisis” http://www.newsweek.com/2010/07/10/the-creativity-crisis.html
What are your views on the subject?
- Using Social Games to Teach Kids Entrepreneurship (readwriteweb.com)
- The Creativity Crisis – Newsweek (computinged.wordpress.com)
- An Entrepreneur’s How-To for Accessing Creativity (creativeconsiderations.wordpress.com)
- How to Teach Creativity (bigthink.com)
- Why are American kids losing their creativity? (prsa.org)
- Getting to Eureka!: How Companies Can Promote Creativity – HBS Working Knowledge (bjconquest.com)
- Creativity – How to Have More (socyberty.com)