Here at Flavorwire, we're suckers for a great book cover -- even if that book cover never actually made it into production. After all, it's not too much of a stretch to imagine that sometimes the best book covers come from those designing without the constraints of publicity departments or authorial preferences. To that end, after the jump you will find a collection of unofficial book covers for famous works -- created by students, career designers, or mysterious people on the Internet -- that we totally love.
Latest Entries »
(Found at this site:) http://www.wetcanvas.com/ArtSchool/Color/ColorTheory/
16 Lessons in Color Theory
|2||A Wheel of Color||
|3||Colors with Pastels||
|4||The History of Color||
|6||Importance of Value in Color||
|7||The Meanings of Color||
|8||Psychology of Color||
|9||Characteristics of Manufactured Colors||
|10||Use and Selection of Colors||
|11||What Your Colors Will Do||
|12||Impastos and Color Mixing||
|14||Color Effects (part 2)||
|15||Optical Effects in Color and DesignANDExpressing yourself in color||
- Color Theory 101 (thefibernest.com)
- Color Compendium: Lesson in Using Hues (thelatebloomingartist.wordpress.com)
- Color Theory (ryandavidjacksonblog.com)
- How Color Theory Affects Landing Page Conversion (unbounce.com)
- Goethe’s Color Wheel (beholdamightycat.wordpress.com)
- Color Theory: House Project (britzerbo.wordpress.com)
- Digital Tutors : Color Theory for Today’s Creative Professionals (catherinemacivor.com)
- Captured Mini Album Class (rondapalazzari.typepad.com)
- Harpers Bazaar:Color Theory: Novel Color Pairings from the Runway (harpersbazaar.com)
- Munsell’s Paradigm Shift (jrussellc.wordpress.com)
12 Red Packets Dragon Pearl Lantern Tutorial
Origami Snake (Jo Nakashima) – Modular version
- Origami for therapy (janetsnotebook.com)
- Origami as Gifts (personalcreations.com)
- Happy Lunar Year! 2013 (animemiz.com)
- paper folding and origami (angrychicken.typepad.com)
- Peace crane project takes wing (thegardenisland.com)
- origami (sandrafyianderson.com)
- Origami Owl Custom Jewelry Giveaway (familyfocusblog.com)
- Origami Soul (bluemountain.com)
- Wishing you outSTANDing ideas for the new year! (openinvo.com)
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
600 people reached the top of Mt. Everest in 2012. This blog got about 8,000 views in 2012. If every person who reached the top of Mt. Everest viewed this blog, it would have taken 13 years to get that many views.
Jeremy Lavender is a Photographer travelling allover the world with his own camera. A great dreamer. For Jeremy, photography records the of feelings written on the human face, the beauty of the earth and skies that man has inherited and the wealth and confusion man has created.
He has travelled throughout Europe, North America and Mexico, Central and South America and now The Bahamas, where he is captivated by the beauty and the diversity of each individual island as well as the rich and enthralling history, culture and people of this Archipelago.
Sudarsan Pattnaik (born on 15 April 1977) born in Puri, nearly 60 km from Bhubaneswar the capital city of Orissa. He is the inventor of sand art in India and has learned this form of art by himself without any guidance but only by practice and creative ideas. He started sculpting images on sand since the age of seven. Till now he has designed hundreds of sand sculpture.
Wang Ling is a digital artist based in People’s Republic of China. He is a digital artist who loves digital paintings, and most of his work seem to be speed-paintings – paintings done quickly without much regard to small intricate details.
However, the paintings look absolutely amazing and even though they may not have all the fancy details in them, they present a concept of what could evolve if the details were added later on.
Embroidered art has been everywhere lately but I’ve been most impressed by Singaporean artist Izziyana Suhaimi‘s work. I can’t get over how skillfully she is able to incorporate ornate embroidery techniques with her own pencil drawings and watercolors, pushing the boundaries of traditional and popular culture. Simply beautiful.